Business Risk and Exposure Assessment
Being in business is a daily challenge, and business owners need all the help they can get. Start with some peace of mind with insurance coverage for all types of risk and exposures your business faces, including:
- Damage or destruction to your business vehicles
- Liability exposures resulting from the operation of your business vehicles
- Damage, destruction or theft to your office equipment or inventory
- Loss of income in case you have to close temporarily because of a covered loss
- Certain business-related liability exposures such as, wrongful entry or search, libel, and slander
- Offenses arising out of your business advertising
- Risks to your cargo while in transit or storage
- Theft or loss of tools and equipment
- Crime coverage including robbery, burglary, even employee dishonesty
Flexible, Customized Insurance
Over the years, Sumner & Toner has built strong relationships with our insurance providers and clients enabling us to effectively monitor the marketplace and identify changing conditions and new and improved programs that will serve our clients. We know each business is unique and requires a flexible and individualized insurance plan. We can cover you in these important areas and more:
- Commercial Automobile Protection including Auto Liability, Collision, Comprehensive and Rental Reimbursement coverages.
- General Liability Protection including Bodily Injury Liability, Property Damage Liability, Personal Injury Liability, and Advertising Liability coverages.
- Business Property Protection which helps protect your building and contents in case of direct physical loss.
General liability insurance includes coverage for legal liability for bodily injury or property damage to others as a result of conditions of or on your premises, or as a result of your work or operations or your products or completed operations. It also provides coverage for legal liability for personal injury and advertising injury sustained by others and arising out of your business. General liability insurance can be tailored to cover risks specific to your business or organization.
Property insurance includes coverage for buildings, business personal property, property of employees, property of others, leased or rented property and other types of fixed property. This coverage can be purchased as part of a business package policy or as separate coverage. Property insurance is important to your organization for losses beyond damage to a building and inventory. This insurance covers damage to or loss of items such as money and securities, accounts receivable records and other important papers or documents.
Workers compensation insurance provides benefits to employees for work-related injuries. Coverage includes medical care and a portion of lost wages when the employee is unable to work. Workers compensation insurance also provides benefits for the employee’s dependents if the employee dies during work-related duty. State laws require most employers to carry workers compensation insurance.
You wouldn’t dream of driving your personal automobile without insurance. It’s just as important to protect your company vehicles. Even if you have personal auto insurance, you may a need commercial auto insurance policy. That’s because vehicles involved in an accident while engaged in company business may not be covered by your personal insurance. A discussion with a representative of Sumner & Toner should include business use autos, pickups, vans, trucks and non-owned and rented vehicles. You may also want to include a conversation about “non-owned” vehicles- when employees use their own vehicles to run errands, and rented vehicles-when an employee travels and needs to rent a car.